The 20 year old charity regatta is intent on supporting its charities more than ever and plans to run the 2020 event. Despite additional government funding, Covid19 has severely increased the needs of charities at a time when the activities of these charities are even more impactful and required than ever before.
Our intention is to run this year’s event unless legislation stands in our way. We will of course have to consider the practicalities such as the proximity of people sailing together on a yacht as well as the social distancing practicalities at an industry party. Notwithstanding our intention is to run an event that generates income for the charities and, as the turmoil caused by the pandemic subsides, provide a brilliant opportunity for people to spend time together with colleagues, partners and clients.
No matter what our intentions, we are not solely in control of what may be possible so we are planning for a number of different scenarios: run the event in the 2019 format; run the event but adjust shoreside activities to avoid a gathering of >300 people; defer the event to a later date etc…
Bookings have already been made and the event remains ahead of all previous years entries at this stage. Companies that make bookings have the protection of Sunsail’s highly sympathetic policies as laid out below…
If the Silicon Cup is postponed to later in 2020, or cancelled by the Silicon Cup Committee in its entirety in 2020, and the next staging of the Silicon Cup being in 2021, entrants have 3 options:
- Rebook the charter to the new dates in 2020, or the 2021 staging of the regatta. There will be no administration fee and this element of our terms and conditions will be waived as a gesture of goodwill. We will also guarantee that the package you booked will be provided at the same price in the future, with no inflationary price rises applied, as a further gesture of goodwill.
- Take a credit note from Sunsail for the full amount you have paid. The credit note will be valid until 30th September 2021. This credit note can be used for a future Silicon Cup charter. The issuance of a long-dated credit note is above and beyond our terms and conditions and so is a further gesture of goodwill to support our clients at this time. As with option one, there will be no price rises or rebooking fees for your clients for the bookings made in 2020 or 2021 with this credit note.
- Cancel the charter, in which case the charter will be subject to the cancellation charges within the standard terms and conditions.
If the Silicon Cup goes ahead, as planned, in September then this will receive Sunsail’s full support. In this scenario we will offer 3 possible options:
- Proceed with your charter as planned.
- Cancel your charter under our standard terms and conditions.
- If you feel you are unable to attend the September 2020 event due to business or personal circumstances, we will discuss this with you and find a way forwards, which may be the issuing of a credit note valid until 30th September 2021.
Hopefully this helps explains our thought process and intent, while laying out options for anyone who has made, or is considering making an entry. If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch and we’ll get back to you.
Moore Barlow Silicon Cup 2020 Committee